Wednesday 25 February 2015

Estella make up in motion

Estella 

In class we looked at different ways in which we could create Estella because she has more than two sides to her. She is a lonely girl who has been brought up to hate men however in the end she does fall in love which suggests that she has feelings, on the other hand not at her fault Estella can be very cold and heartless which is why we created a make up look on our partner which contained one half of the face showing a good emotion and the other half showing a bad emotion.
                                                         
To start of I started to brainstorm good and bad things about Estella relating them into make up and how I could show the different emotions she is feeling through colour, texture and make up. 

For the one half of Estella's face I decided to keep very natural, ideal Victorian style make up. For the skin I applied a dewy primer and a tinted moisturiser to keep the skin very youthful and natural. I added freckles onto the cheeks to show an innocent and a cute side to Estella. I wanted to play around with creating tears but instead of creating normal tears or mascara running down the eyes I played around with tear stones which I was very inspired by Man Rey. I very much like the look of Queen Elizabeth and her signature look with the pale skin and rosy cheeks which is what I went with for the right side of the face. For the left side of the face I went with a strong and high arched brow to show anger. I also added heavy contouring which showed power. I didn't get to try out the black contacts but they would be perfect to show a really dark side of Estella and how Miss Havisham made her look at life. 





                                                                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment