Wednesday 25 February 2015

Miss Havisham look 2

For my final design of Miss Havisham I pretty much kept everything the same in my face chart only changing things that I found could be improved. I decided to go with one of the first appearances that Miss Havisham has in the book which is when was half dressed clearly for a wedding with bridal flowers in her hair and her clothes half on. I really like the idea of time stopping, therefore I decided to make her younger looking, till with wrinkles and deep hollow eyes as Charles Dickens portrayed her.

Having previously completed a client consultation sheet, I knew that my partner had dry skin therefore I asked her to exfoliate the night before. To prep the skin I used a moisturiser alongside with a primer to make sure that the application of the base goes on smoothly lasting until the end to take pictures. I applied a base 2 shades lighter than her actual skin colour to create a pale, ill looking complexion. I then worked on the eyes. I added red eyeliner into the waterline to create the illusion of puffy eyes this is because Miss Havisham had just been left at the alter, heartbroken which means that when the time stopped she stayed looking as she did when her fiance left her. I created deep shallow eyes to show her troubles and her worries and instead of using blue tones i decided to go with brown tones and this is to show lack of sleep. I applied vaseline underneath and on top of the lid for a glossy look, which in this case just added on to the puffiness and made her look like she was crying. I didn't want to exaggerator the wrinkles as my interpretation of Miss Havisham wasn't too old. For the eyebrows i created a high arch to show an angry expression which was what she was feeling after the time stopped, but also I wanted to show her cruelty and cold heart. Of course everything around Miss Havisham was rotten and decayed hence why I created the dry lips with eyelash glue adding on red on the inside of the lips and an ombrey effect of blue on the outside.

This look is to show Miss Havisham right after she was  betrayed and abandoned and left heartbroken and I feel as if this look shows that with the combination of the puffy crying eyes to the arched strong brow as well as the wrinkles to make her look old with the dry rotten skin to go with the themes of the book.

To improve, I will work more on the eyebrows as they look unrealistic. One reason for this is because i dint add white to the hair as well so it looks like as if she has only aged on her face and not her hair but also I feel like the application of the white on the eyebrows looks very messy so to improve I will use a lighter hand and add less product blending more. Although i really like the colour on top and underneath the eyes as it is a very matte colour, I feel as if the application again is messy and I think the reason for that was because I was trying so hard to get them to look neat and to look the same that it started to look unnatural so to improve I will take lighter hand but also apply it without thinking too much about getting it perfect. The dry skin on the lips could also be improved by adding more to make sure it comes out perfect on the camera. Lastly the most important factor is that the foundation will have to be applied all down the neck. I didn't spend a lot of time working on it as the light in class made it look like there wasn't much difference however it picked up on the camera instantly so application down the neck.





List of products used

Kryolan Supra Colour Palette
M.A.C face and body C1
Illamasqua loose base powder
Illamasqua Skin Base foundation SB 01
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow- Blonde
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow- Brown
Vaseline
Duo lash glue in white
Supra Colour OA
M.A.C Pro long wear Paint Pot- Tailor grey
Naked 1 palette

Brushes

Real Techniques - Blusher brush
Real Techniques- Concealer brush
Zoeva - Face sculpt 110
Zoeva eye finish 229
M.A.C - 100
Real Techniques eye definition brush
Kryolan - Kabuki brush
Kryolan 9716

No comments:

Post a Comment