Tuesday 17 February 2015

Miss Havisham look 1

LOOK 1 PRACTISE
For the first look of Miss Havisham I wanted to focus on the theme of 'decay'. As Dickens emphasises in the book everything around Miss Havisham is decayed and rotten including her relationships, the Satin's house, her food and even herself. I started of by creating a patchy white base and then applying a lot of powder on top to take a way any glow that can make the look youthful. I then used yellow toned colours to create wrinkles on the sides of the forehead and around the eyes mostly. Going with the theme of rotten I decided to create dead skin that was hanging of the face most on the left side of the face. The reason why I kept it mostly on the left side on the face was because I wanted to show how the time stopped on the right side, when she was making and effort and getting ready for the wedding and the left side represented the future when the time had stopped and Miss Havisham spent all of that time in her wedding dress wearing the same make up rotten. 
I added red eyeliner in the water line to make her eyes look sore from all of the crying as she was heartbroken that her fiancĂ© betrayed and abandoned her. A coat of mascara was used on her eyelashes however smudged a tiny bit on the eyelid to again show that she had been crying. I went with a simple Victorian cheek and lip on an overall pale skin as thats what Miss Havisham would have been trying to do for her wedding. I continued the sore dead skin around her mouth also to make it uncomfortable for people to look at her. When Pip meets her he feels uncomfortable and confused hence why I went with the nastier look. 

Products used

Kryolan Supra colour 
Essense red lip liner
MAC lip mix in red
Mary Kay mascara
Duo eyelash glue in white

No comments:

Post a Comment