Wednesday 4 March 2015

Estella Assessment

Creating Estelle image

I was very pleased with the informal assessment for Estelle mainly because I managed time really well, completing the hair in 1 hour and the make up in 45 minutes. In the practise I spotted a few mistakes which I listed down and tried to fix for the assessment which I think improved the whole look. 
The application of the make up for Estelle was much better than Miss Havishams and this was because I got to know my partners skin better which was dry therefore I chose a very rich moisturiser and a primer to suit her skin. This made the foundation sit on her skin very well with no dry parts. It also made the skin look very dewy and youthful rather than powdery and matte which would be better for older skin. I wanted strong highlighting to show the beauty which Pip fell in love with as highlighter is very beautiful and it brings out the cheekbones and also makes the skin look very dreamy and glowy. The ideal Victorian minimal make up was what I was aiming for therefore I kept it to the minimal. However having said that, I did apply lipstick and blusher which did not show on camera because I took a lighter hand with it. Knowing that the camera fades the make up I should have applied more of it as the pink blusher would have made her look even more youthful and it would make her look like she is blushing as she was when she admitted her love for Pip. I also think a coat of dark brown mascara would have made the look much better as it would make her eyes look more awake. 
I am happy with how the hair turned out as I wanted it to be very similar to Miss Havishams, as Estella is very loyal to her and follows everything she does. I wanted to create the same sort of look with the layout but more crisper with no fly away hairs. To improve the hair i would use each strand of hair equal to each other for example an inch or half an inch of hair to curl and pin which I started doing but forgot. I believe that this would make the look more neat and perfect for film. Also on the right side of the he'd the hair is a little messy which could be fixed by adding a little more mouse or 
gel.






No comments:

Post a Comment