Tuesday 3 March 2015

Estella Practise

Estella Practise  & Notes

The practise for the make up look I created for the character Estella from the great expectations was less stressful than the actual assessment, which made it for fun for me, however I spotted mistakes that i created in the practise on a piece of paper which I used in the timed assessment to make sure I don't repeat those mistakes.

One thing I really liked was how the foundation sat on the skin, it looked very natural and dewy. I also liked the freckles, however they looked more natural on the left side and drawn on the right side.
For the make up I bronzed the skin up too much making it look like a sun tun rather than a youthful glow which is what I was going for so I made sure to use a lighter foundation and less bronzer for the actual assessment. The eyebrows were too thick and drawn in which was not a match for the perfect Victorian era which is something else i minimised for the actual assessment. I wanted to keep the eyelashes natural without any mascara however from powdering the skin the eyelashes had become dry and dull looking so I made sure to add a coat of mascara to the lashes.

For the hair i really liked the overall style however it looked very messy and frizzy so i added hair mouse and gel in the assessment to make it more neat and crisp which is how I would imagine Estella wearing her hair. Getting carried away with the hair style I stopped hiding the pins which made the look messy in the end when I tried to hide it.







No comments:

Post a Comment