Saturday 14 March 2015

Miss Havisham continuity

Miss Havisham continuity 

The continuity (on left) of the first look of Miss Havisham (on right) was extremely difficult main due to lack of notes that I had made, however because I had a lot of pictures in high quality it made it easier for me to copy from them, even though the continuity image is not the exact same as the actual image and would not be acceptable on film and tv i am still pleased as it was my first ever try of continuity. 
I had a list of all the make up that I had previously used which made it easy for me to find the products without wasting any time or using anything that was not used before. Prepping and priming the skin both times with the same products made the application of the products sit nicely making the base of the look pretty much the same. I was pleased with the similarities between the eyebrows as i changed the shape of my partners eyebrows therefore found it difficult to recreate twice, however they look similar. I am also happy with the hair as I chose a difficult hairstyle which was very messy, meaning that when I had to recreate it any strands that were hanging out before had to be out again. Although the hair does not look the exact same it is still similar and I learnt a lesson that just because it is easy to create once it does not make it easy to recreate it the second time. 

Evaluation

Overall I was happy with the turnout, however there are things that I could have done to improve. I wrote down which products I used however I did not write which product went on first and what part of the face was done first in steps which created a problem for the eyes. As I forgot to note that that I started of with the eyes let the colours dry and then powder and add on, I layered the products on top of each other which made the colour underneath the eyes change from the original colour I had created to a more of a yellow tone which looked even worse when i tried to fix it so I left it. From this I learnt that writing notes are crucial even if they seem really simple, they can be a lot of help. Another thing that looks completely different is the foundation. This is because my partner fake tanned before the continuity assessment which i did not realise until the end when i took a picture. As her skin was darker the second time the tone of the foundation had changed to a darker colour and as  I used a very sheer foundation it failed to cover the neck and the ears even though I did blend it down there. Next time before doing an assessment of continuity i will ask my partner not to fake tan or let me know if they do so therefore i can chose a different foundation to make sure they both match and on the day I will do another consultation sheet asking if they had fake tanned. 

From this assessment of continuity I learnt that the simplest notes can make the biggest difference, and that just because something is very easy to create it does not mean that it is easy to recreate, therefore practise is needed even on easy designs. Also I used the images that i took on the professional camera which was a big mistake as it makes the make up look less and changes the tones which is why I should have used the images that I took on my iPhone with flash to get a clear idea of how much make up i used which really shows on the dry skin on the lips as it did not look much i did not add much which made it look even less in the continuity image.


Left continuity image, right first image. 



Left continuity image, right first image
continuity image.  


No comments:

Post a Comment