Tuesday 17 March 2015

John Galliano fall 2009

I chose John Galliano's look to create as  I can see links of it to American Horror Story freak show as well as the design ideas I have for Claudia and Quentin. 

I love this look because of the choice of colours and different textures. Even though there are reds and blacks they are very settle which is why i like it. The wow factor of this look comes from the glossiness of the lips and also the high points of the face. I went in depth to this make up look and found very interesting points to the look which I will use for my Claudia and Quentin. 
I love the fact that the tips of the eyelashes are white but the roots are still black with black kohl liner tightened to create a thicker lash line. Also the shimmery white/silver eyeshadow creates bigger looking eyes as it is dragged down far down the eye. 
The lips are my favourite part as they have an ombre look to them, the gold on top as well as the gloss in the middle of the lips make it look very plump and juicy and the concealer around the mouth makes the look doll like which i also link to American Horror Story.


To create the look I started of with a primer. I used a foundation a tone lighter than my skin tone as the look on the runway was very pale. For the eyes I used a medium brown colour bringing it from the crease and attaching it to my nose. I added a gold in the inner corner and a gold pigment on the sides of my nose. For the lids i used an ice pigment as I did not have any white pigments. For the lips I used M.A.C. Russian red to create a heart like shape with a bit of gloss in the middle and concealed my lips from the sides. I also used a lighter eyebrow colour to lighten the eyebrows and make it more high fashioned. 

Relations to American Horror Story. 

Elsa Mars from American Horror Story comes across as a very strong confident woman. She portrays this by the way she dresses. Her hair and make up is always to the maximum showing her out there personality, however in real life Elsa has been through a lot which we get to see sometimes in the show. 




No comments:

Post a Comment