Monday 2 March 2015

ASSESSMENT for MISS HAVISHAM

                                            HAIR

For the hair part of the look, I had pictures to help me visualise from the pervious practise. I also had a step by step written down. To make sure that in the continuity the hair worked out the same I made notes.
Overall i am pleased with how the hair turned out as it looks like a beautiful bridal hair, it also looks the same to my design. What I found difficult in creating this look was in every step I was doing I was thinking about continuity and how I would recreate it which made it very stressful. One thing that is going to make it very hard for me to re create this look are the baby hairs that are on the sides of her face and also the back of the head. Also a few pins are showing which means that when i recreate this look i have to make sure that the same amount of pins, in the same colour will be in the same place. To improve I would hide the pins better and also curl the hair with the exact same thickness as the rest as some of the curls are bigger and some are smaller which again will make it harder for me. However to help me i wrote down notes to help me such as how thick the parting is if it is above the ear or below, how many curls in each parting and also I will have photos to help me.






Make Up 

The make up part of the assessment was easier because in mind i knew it would be a little easier to recreate as from previous practise I had taken out any complicated bits such as bits of dry skin that would be hard to recreate. I am pleased with the outcome, as she looks battered. Being around Miss Havisham was uncomfortable for others as she was crazy therefore I am happy with the way the red eyeliner turned out. It makes you look at it and feel umcofortable. I also like the fact that underneath the eyes looks natural, the bags and the darkness looks like she hasn't slept not that it is exaggerated and drawn on. Another thing that i like is the shade of the foundation that i used. I mixed a bit of white and grey with M.A.C.'s face and body and it gave her skin a dull and illl look. However there are some steps that I could take to make the look better like making the under eyes even darker to make  her look even more battered. I would also use whit on the eyebrows and the hair to age her and also the wrinkles are faint so making them darker would pick up on the camera more. Overall I am pleased with how the look turned out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment